Emory Motorsports has unveiled its latest 1959 Porsche 356 A Coupe restomod, created for Eli Kogan from the OTTO Car Club in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Like other ‘Emory Special’ 356 A models built by Rod Emory, the bodywork of the car has been overhauled. This particular one is special as its B-pillars have been modified and there are louvered access panels on the rear quarters. These panels provide access to the oil cooler and remote oil filter and the louvered design provides these parts with functional airflow. The access panels are also a nod to Porsche’s aluminum-bodied RS-60 from the 1960s. Elsewhere, the car includes billet aluminum door handles and hood handle. It is painted Aquamarine Blue Metallic.
Beneath the skin, the car features the Emory-Rothsport ‘Outlaw-4- engine derived from the 3.6-liter powerplant of the Porsche 964. The Outlaw-4 displaces 2.6-liters and has four-cylinders, proprietary fuel injection and Motec-driven coil-on-plug ignition. It also includes a custom stroker crankshaft, custom billet camshafts, independent throttle bodies, and stainless headers and delivers 260 hp. Mated to this engine is a four-speed transmission.
Emory has also fitted a set of four-piston disc brakes, hiding them under a set of faux drum brakes. There is also independent rear suspension, front and rear sway bars, custom rack-and-pinion steering, and adjustable dampers. The car sits on custom 15-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Dunlop Signature HP 205/55R16 tires.
Custom touches made to the cabin include full-grain leather upholstery, a Speedster dashboard, black knobs, African Padauk wooden shift knob, a 3-spoke steering wheel, and a removable half roll cage.